Learn how to make a stylish bracelet you'll get all wrapped up in! If you've seen the Chan Luu bracelets selling for $170, you may be excited to see that you can learn to make something similar yourself, and put your own designer touch on it!
What you will learn:
- How to sew cord and beads together to make an eye-catching piece of jewelry
Tools to Bring to Class:
- Clipboard 8.5x11mm minimum
- Beading Awl
- Size 10 or 12 beading needle
Other necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
- 1.5 - 3 yards of 1.5 or 2mm leather (waxed linen or cotton may also be used)
- 2-3 strands of Czech glass 4mm - 6mm (you can use Swarovski crystals, pearls, or other gemstones, but make sure the holes are large enough for the thread (doubled) to go through twice.)
- 1 button
- Nymo size B or D thread (or nylon cord on a card or fireline) Choose thread color that either matches or opposes your leather depending on taste.leather, cotton, silk, or other 1.5-2mm cord.
Please have your materials ready when class begins. Instructor will be available 30 minutes before class begins to help you select your materials, if needed. Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. All materials are available for purchase on the day of class. You may choose from the selection in our store or bring your own. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash, or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Suzy Schuman
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time (write the session you are signing up for in the comments when you check out):
- Saturday, Sep. 6, 2014, 1:00-3:00pm (come at 12:30 if you would like help picking out materials for your project) - Class full.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014, 4:00-6:00pm (come at 3:30 if you would like help picking out materials for your project)