Circular peyote? Beaded crochet? No, it's a kumihimo bracelet! Kumihimo is the ancient Japanese technique of braiding using a loom. Learn how easy it is to make a BEADED kumihimo bracelet! No prior experience with kumihimo is required! And once you learn the basic technique, you'll be hooked. The sky is the limit for the designs you can create.
- What materials work best with beaded kumihimo
- How to fashion your own kumihimo weight to help anchor your work
- How to thread on beads and set up your loom
- How to follow a basic kumihimo pattern of braiding
- How to finish your work with bead caps and a clasp
Materials: Students will need to purchase the Kumihimo Beaded Bracelet class materials kit #6146 ($15.04 kit) at time of registration.
- Round kumihimo disk or loom
- 8 bobbins for spooling thread while working on your project
- Big eye beading needle
There are no discounts given on class materials kits. When you purchase the kit online, please mark for store pickup. The kit will be given to you when you come to the class.
Materials needed for the class which can be purchased at the store or brought to the class include:
- Beading cord (Super-Lon)-240" for an 8" bracelet (one spool)
- Size 6 or 8 seed beads in one to four colors (size 6 are easier to work with)*
- 2 bead caps or cones
- 2 eyepins (only if using cones)
- Clasp of your choice
*Students can choose a color mix, a solid color, or a pattern of 2 to 3 colors. A total of one tube of beads is needed.
Binding thread, glue, scissors and weights will be provided for classroom use.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time: Friday, December 26, 2014, 12:00-4:00pm
Friendly reminder: Please add class materials kit #6146 ($14.99 kit) to your cart at checkout.