Pearl knotting is a beading technique in which you use silk or nylon thread and tie knots between the beads. Originally it was used for pearl necklaces so that when they broke, you would only lose one pearl. Now it is used with all types of beads for elegance and style.
What you will learn:
• String necklace on silk or nylon string
• Attach clasps and bead tips
• Make knots between beads
• Make design decisions
Materials: Students will need to purchase the Knotted Necklace class materials kit #5694 ($7.36 kit) at time of registration.
- hypo cement
- one small gold-plated lobster claw
- two gold-plated oval jump rings
- two gold-plated clam shells
- four pearls
- one package silk cord
There are no discounts given on class materials kits. When you purchase the kit online, please mark for store pickup. The kit will be given to you when you come to the class.
In addition to the kit, additional materials will be needed for your class project. Choosing your materials and designing your jewelry is part of the class. Materials for your project are not included in the class fee or class materials kit. You may choose from our large selection or bring your own. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project.
All necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Dates & Times:
- Sunday, April 24, 1:00-5:00pm