Instructions for Woodland Glade Necklace
Back to Woodland
Collection Design Idea page
Step By Step InstructionsNote:
With this Vintaj chain, you won't need your flush cutters! Just open and close the links of the chain with your chain nose (flat nose) pliers. It's even
easier if you use 2 chain nose pliers, one in each hand, to open and
close the loops of the chain, as the links are fairly stiff. No wasted chain!
- Place the lampwork glass bead on the 2" nickel-free brass head pin.
Do not wrap the top loop until you have completed Step 2 below.
- Wrap the lampwork glass bead:
Hold the oval lampwork glass bead and the Deco Vines Border centered together,
making sure the head pin is also centered with the wrong side of the Deco
Vines border against the bead. Carefully, using your round nose pliers, bail
making pliers, and/or your fingers (a wonderful tool, too!), wrap the top
and bottom of the lampwork bead with the top and bottom edges of the Deco
Vines Border. Make sure the Deco Vines Border encapsulates the bead on all
sides so it doesn't pop off. If you need to, use a little E6000 glue in a
few places. You may need to really "work" at getting this wrap around
- Make a simple loop at the top of the wrapped lampwork bead.
- Open the 5.25mm nickel-free brass jump ring and use it to encircle the branch
of the Woodland Toggle set. Then link the jump ring on the back side of the
branch to the Fine Oval Chain. The 5.25mm jump ring is the perfect size to
not slide off either side of the branch!
- On the other end of the Fine Oval Chain, open the last link, slip it through
the hole at the top of the Woodland Toggle "ring," and close the
- Using one link of the Elongated Oval Chain, center it on the bottom "V"
groove of the Woodland Toggle "ring," attach the loop of the wrapped
lampwork bead, and close the link.
- You may wish to use a polishing cloth to brighten up the chain and raised
spots of the Woodland Toggle, so all the metals match.
CONGRATULATIONS! IT WAS WORTH THE WORK!
Back to Woodland
Collection Design Idea