Instructions for Flower Power Ring
Back to Rings
Step By Step Instructions
Note: This ring is adjustable, so you can shape it to fit various size fingers!.
1. Shape the filigree:
- Using bale making pliers:
- Hold the center of the filigree gently but firmly with your bale making
pliers, with the wrong side facing the larger of the two barrels.
- Bend one end of the filigree, following the curve of the larger barrel;
repeat on the opposite end of the filigree. Use your fingers to shape the
filigree to the barrel of the pliers.
- Now, move the curved filigree to your ring finger, and adjust gently to
- Using a ring mandrel:
- Cut a piece of string to approximate your ring finger size. Then fit
the string on the ring mandrel to find the appropriate size to use for
wrapping the filigree.
- Center the filigree over the ring mandrel, centering the filigree on
the appropriate size marker.
- Bend one end of the filigree, following the curve of the ring mandrel,
using your fingers to shape the filigree against the mandrel. Repeat on
the opposite end of the filigree.
- Now move the curved filigree to your ring finger, and adjust gently
2. Cut a 6" piece of bronze 24 gauge wire.
3. String the lampwork flower and the 8mm round crystal onto the wire.
4. While holding the pieces together, string each end of the wire through the
center openings of the filigree ring base.
5. Use your fingers or chain nose pliers to wrap the wire ends around the filigree
until it is secure.
6. Use your flush cutters to cut the excess wire, and then tuck the ends of the
wire in under the crystal bead so they will not show.
7. Make any adjustments needed to fit your finger.
WASN'T THAT EASY? It's fun to make this ring in different colors, one for each friend!
Back to Rings