Instructions for Brazilian Opal Earrings
Back to Brazilian
Opal Earrings design page
Step By Step Instructions
: You do not need to cut the
Vintaj nickel-free brass chain. Simply open and close the links to separate them
into pieces. Since the chain is quite strong, it helps to use two chain nose or
flat nose pliers.
- Make two of
these units (dangles): On a 1" nickel-free brass head pin, place a 4mm
Swarovski round Chrysolite Satin crystal. Make a simple loop at the end of
the headpin.Use the flush cutters to trim the headpin.
- Separate the
chain into pieces of two links each. You should have eight 2-link pieces.
- There are 2 holes at each end of the Acorn Leaves Connectors. Take one of
the Acorn Leaves Connectors and fasten one 2-link chain to one of the holes
at one end of the connector. Now, fasten another 2-link chain to the hole
on the other side of the same end.
- Open a 5.25mm nickel-free brass jump ring, and join the ends of both chains
to the jump ring. Close the jump ring.
- Now connect a 2-link chain to each of the bottom holes of the Acorn Leaves
- Open the loop of one of the dangles you made in Step 1 and attach it to
the ends of both 2-link chain pieces. Close the loop again, carefully.
- Open the loop on one of the nickel-free brass ear wires and attach the completed
earring onto it from the jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 3 through 7 for the other earring.
CONGRATULATIONS! Are you going to wear your beautiful new earrings, or give them
as a gift?