Gluing Flatback Crystals
CRYSTALLIZED™ elements adds a sparkle to a wide range of materials such as
metal, wood, plastic, cork, etc. Flat Backs No Hotfix and CRYSTALLIZED™ elements
with a flat back side are especially appropriate for gluing.|
Glues to Use
epoxy - requires mixing.
- Has a solid bond. Potent, so work with outside or with mask. A little stringy.
1. The surfaces to be glued must be clean, dry and free from oil or grease.
2. Add an appropriate quantity of glue to the two surfaces to be glued and place
them together exerting a light pressure.
3. Remove any surplus glue with a
4. Reseal the tube and store in a cool dry place.
of Flat Backs No Hotfix
You can use flat backs no hotfix crystals for gluing
onto gemstones, metal, plastic, wood and many other materials. Always make sure
that the surface is clean and that you use the correct amount of glue. Use tweezers
or a wax stick for applying the stone to the surface.
surface must be cleaned properly before gluing.
2. The glue should be applied
with a dispenser.
3. Pick up the stone with the tweezers.
place the stone in the correct position and press it down gently.
motifs with Flatbacks No Hotfix
To use Flatbacks No Hotfix in combination with
a special foil for motifs to decorate accessories, for example, follow these steps:
1. Peel off the white protective fi lm and position the fl at backs with the flat
side upwards on the carrier foil for your own motif.
2. Apply the correct
amount of glue.
3. Position the motif on the pre-treated and clean surface.
4. To keep the motif even, spread a soft cloth over it and then weigh it down.
5. After the glue has hardened, you can remove the transparent film.