Crocheting with wire sounds pretty straight forward, but it is different than crocheting with yarn or thread. Manipulating wire requires a deeper knowledge of metal & and it's properties; such as what type is appropriate to work with, purchase and wear. Topics also include how to handle wire so that it doesn't break, creating a closed design, integrating a clasp into the design and how to use color and embellishment to express your creativity.
What you will learn:
- Crochet with 28 gauge wire using with a metal crochet hook
- Use a variety of beads and other string-able objects to create a necklace and/or bracelet
- Attach clasps and jump rings
- Use of crimps, crimp covers, and the proper tools to use with them.
- Using color,texture and size to enhance your design.
Tools & Materials:
- 28g wire
- Assorted beads
- Crochet hook, size F or bigger
Please have your tools and materials ready when class begins. You may choose from the selection in our store or bring your own. We do not carry crochet hooks, so be sure to bring one to class. Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. All materials (except the crochet hook) are available for purchase on the day of class. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project. Shop at our store and take advantage of your 10% student discount!
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Janette Emery
Class size: 2 student minimum - 6 student maximum
Date & Time: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 1:00pm-3:30pm