Unchain your beading heart! Do you like the popular chandelier earring look? Do you like your earrings to have a bit of swing? Take a look at the many ways that using chain will enhance your earring styles. This class will cover three or more simple but ingenious pairs of earrings, and will be just a beginning to launch you on a creative binge of using chain, wire, crystals and other ingredients for making stylish, swingy earrings.
What you will learn:
- When to use simple loop vs. wire wrap in the design
- Measure chain to fit your design
- Connecting wire wraps to chain
- Choose materials & tools
- Make design decisions
Prerequisite: Wire wrapping (Basic Earring & Wire, Wirework Necklace, or similar experience)
Materials: Everything you need is available in the class. Choosing your materials and designing your jewelry is part of the class. Materials for your project are not included in the class fee. You may choose from our large selection or bring your own. At the end of class you will pay for the materials you used for your project. All necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
Materials to make one of each pair of earrings
Square Crystal & Copper Strand Earrings: (using metal color of your choice)
- Up to 24" of small dimension chain
- 8" of 22 or 24 gauge wire
- 2 8-12mm crystal squares (or another focal bead of your choice)
- 8 small beads in a variety of shapes
- 2 earwires
Crystal Earrings (using metal color of your choice)
- 6-8" of chain
- 55 or 66, 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals in one, two or more colors
- 2 jump rings (about 5mm 18-22 gauge)
- 12 headpins (or make your own with 22-24 gauge wire)
- 14 eyepins (or make your own with 22-24 gauge wire)
- 2 earwires
Large chandelier earrings: (using metal color of your choice)
- About a dozen size 11 seed beads (nice to match the color of your wire, i.e, gold, silver, black, etc.)
- Crystals or fire polished beads in 2-3 different colors and various shapes & sizes. For example:
o 14, 3mm beads in Color A or 3mm round metal beads or pearls
o 14, 4mm beads in Color A and 14, 4mm beads in Color B
o 20, 6mm beads, in Colors A, B, and C in different shapes (i.e., bicones, rounds)
o 4 drop beads or dangles (crystal or fire polish)
- 4 head pins
- 2-1/2 yards 24g wire
- 1 foot 22g wire
- 2 feet chain
- 2 open jump rings (4mm)
- 2 ear wires
Tools Needed (supplied in class):
- Flush wire cutters
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Bent nose pliers (optional)
- 1-Step Looper (optional)
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Materials discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum- 7 student maximum
Dates & Times:
- Monday, December 28, 2015, 3:00-5:30pm - Sorry, registration is closed.