Vintaj nickel-free brass decorative washers.
The perfect answer to variable sized hole riveting. Stack, layer, collage... Rivet pieces of metal, leather, plastic, and more together to create a multi-dimensional pendant!
To rivet with decorative washers:
1. Simply punch or drill a hole into your pieces, slide the rivet through both pieces.
2. Slide the washer over the rivet on the opposite side of the rivet head.
3. Cut excess length off the rivet end to about 1/16".
4. Lay your pieces on a hard surface, preferably a rubber block and a steel bench block (available in our tools section), with the nail head facing down and the washer with the rivet end slightly protruding.
5. Lightly tap, using a ball peen or chasing hammer, the rivet end so it spreads out slightly over the washer opening. Gradually increase the intensity of the hammer taps until both pieces are secure.
Use a 1/4" rivet for simple layered pieces and a 1/2" for higher stacked layers.
But don't stop here! Not only are washers perfect for use with riveting, but they are also great for decorating metal, jewelry, paper goods, chip board, grunge board, wood, leather, acrylic, textiles, foil, canvas and more...
Stamp, impress, texture, fasten, hang, link, layer, bead, string, suspend, hammer, flatten, rivet, cluster, glue, alter, ink, paint and more… to create all types of projects!