Learn the ancient art of Japanese braiding - kumihimo - as you create a spiral braid from which to hang a semi-precious donut or pendant. Choose a colorful gemstone donut or other focal piece and create a braid using colored satin rayon cord to match and/or contrast. You will be amazed by what you can create!
What you will learn:
- How to braid a basic 8-strand kumihimo braid
- How to create a 4-strand loop for your donut or pendant
- Add bullet ends and a clasp to your finished braid
Materials: Students will need to purchase the Basic Kumihimo Necklace class materials kit #9535 ($19.78 kit) at time of registration.
- “Bullet cap” end caps
- Foam disc to use as a base
- 8 bobbins for spooling cord
- 48' of Rat Tail in the color of your choice
There are no discounts given on class materials kits. When you purchase the kit online, please mark for store pickup. The kit will be given to you when you come to the class.
Additional materials, such as clasps, jump rings, gemstone donuts and other semi-precious stone focal pieces are available for purchase during class. You may choose from our wide selection or bring your own. At the end of class you will pay for any additional materials you used for your project. All necessary tools will be provided in the class by the instructor.
Location: Classes are held at our store, 1544 Park Street, Alameda, CA 94501.
3 Ways to Sign Up:
- Sign up online with a credit card (secure) by adding this class to the online shopping cart, and checking out.
- Call 510-337-1203 (give Visa/Mastercard/Discover info to employee)
- Come into the store and pay with check, cash or Visa/Mastercard/Discover
Discount: Students will receive a 10% discount on in-store merchandise for 4 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after the class.
By signing up for this class, you are agreeing to the class enrollment terms and conditions.
Instructor: Carol Bernau
Class size: 2 student minimum - 7 student maximum
Date & Time: Sunday, November 2, 1:00-5:00pm
Friendly reminder: Please add class materials kit #9535 ($19.78 kit) to your cart at checkout.